Re: Locale issues after potato -> woody

On Mon, 07 Jan 2002 13:41:27 +1000
john <johnpf@atnet.net.au> wrote:
> I'm sure this isnt right.
> On the console I'm getting 'C' for all values except LC_ALL, which is
> unset.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this are appreciated.

How are you setting those variables? If you're setting them in
~/.xsession, or if GDM is setting them for you, then logging in at the
consol won't set them too.

I would suggest you use /etc/environment; with a line like "LANG=en_US"
or whatever(without quotes, of course).

That being said, those errors you posted were just nonfatal warnings.
You can safely ignore them if you'd like.

--
/    David Barclay Harris            Aut agere, aut mori.      \