Re: OT: performance problems.

On Monday 07 January 2002 1:54 am, Dries Kimpe wrote:
> on the original and copy. While I was doing that, load also got up to 3-4.
> Looking at top, I saw that some kernel daemon (think kupdated) got *AlOT*
> of CPU. The system also started responding slow (missing eth0 traffic,
> ...)
>
> Maybe it's normal,
> maybe it's a kernel bug (only seem to have it with AMD) / chipset bug?

Any South Bridge/VIA 686* North Bridge (hope that's the right way round) with
untweaked PCI latency = missing of data on anything atached to the PCI bus :(

I've not seen this behaviour with _pure_ AMD, SiS & Ali chipset mobo's &
currently activly trying to move all my systems to pure AMD/SiS/Ali chipset
mobos... :(..