Re: Dual head with two cards?

William Burrow <aa126@fan.nb.ca> writes:
> Is it technically possible to construct a dual head machine by using
> two video cards (say a PCI and AGP card)?  Any tips where to look?

Yup, I have this with two PCI cards and it works fine.  The
XINERAMA-HOWTO has lots of useful tips, even if you don't actually
want to use that particular X extension (I don't, and so I have
separate :0.0 and :0.1 displays).

Under XFree86 3.3.x, you could probably run two separate X servers,
and use magic (like x2x) to forward things from :1.0 to :0.0.  But
that'd be a little trickier.

	-- Abra Mitchell