Re: HELP! please, the packaging system has a package stuck in it's craw!

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 11:20:26AM -0500, Stan Brown wrote:
| I'm trying to upgrade a machine from progeny, to woody.
|
| At the moment my main problem is that the packaging system has the package
| trafstats stuck in it's craw, and I cna't seem to get it out!
|
| dselect shows it as status "C", and I'v tried removing it wiht various
| invocations of dselect dpkg, and apt-get. but i have not gotten it out.
|
| At this point, I just want to forcibly remove all traces of this programs.
|
| Whan can I do to acomplish this?

dpkg -r --force-<something> trafstats

Check the manpage for the proper --force-* option.

What is the message given as to why dpkg won't remove the package?
There may be a better way to get rid of it.

-D

--

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet
and a light unto my path.