Re: Sendmail Question

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002, nate wrote:

> i can't get sendmail to read the access db. ive been trying
> off and on for over a year..works great on sendmail 8.9.3 though.

>From what I have found, the release after 8.9.3 is when the feature was
"removed" from the typical install of sendmail.

I think I got it working though again.  Your welcome to try this:

1. "apt-get install sendmail"
2. Run initial sendmailconfig
3. edit /etc/mail/sendmail.mc, and put "FEATURE(access_db)" at the end of
the file.
4. Run the "sendmailconfig" again, this time it will ask if you wish to
use the existing sendmail.mc.  Answer yes, let it rebuild the files, make
the access and access.db files, and fire it up!

Good luck.

Nick