OT: COX cable internet service change (after @home)

    Greetings:

I have been (trying) to keep up with the @home status.  I learned last week
that if you are a COX@home user, you will migrate away from @home to cox.net
in the coming weeks.

No worries right?  Not really.  I really liked the constant (nearly static)
IP I was given.  I can keep my home work on my firewall box and if I need it
at school, simply ftp in and fetch it.  The word I was given by Cox tech
locally is that they intend to change IP's every 12 hours..  No word about
being able to obtain a static ip as a home user.

I don't know if it would help to groan a little in cox's ear or not, but at
least you know what is going on locally on the west coast.

tatah

--

Jaye Inabnit\ARS ke6sls\/A GNU-Debian linux user\/ http://www.qsl.net/ke6sls
If it's stupid, but works, it ain't stupid. I SHOUT JUST FOR FUN.