gdm shutdown (was: The right way to power off a computer as non-root)

Thomas Deselaers wrote:

> I use my computer as a workstation and thus I think it would be a good idea
> to be able to switch it of as user without being root.

> Of course this would be possible with gdm,

Okay, maybe I'm an idiot (don't answer that :-), but how do you shut
down the computer with gdm?  There's no button or menu option for it
that I can see (the only menus are Session and Language when I use it).
What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,
Jason