Re: Debian Lists, USENET & Spam

Nori Heikkinen(nori@sccs.swarthmore.edu) is reported to have said:
> on Sat, 05 Jan 2002 10:07:43PM -0600, Nori Heikkinen insinuated:
> > RTFM:
> > man procmail
> > http://spamassassin.taint.org/
> > http://spamassassin.taint.org/dist/README
>
> so of course, having written this, and having rtfm'ed myself, now i
> have a question ...
>
> from http://spamassassin.taint.org/dist/README:
> " On Debian, you can apt-get it from unstable, thanks to Duncan
> Findlay."
>
> debian confirms this at
> http://packages.debian.org/unstable/interpreters/spamassassin.html
>
> so why can't i do:
>
> orange:~# apt-get install spamassassin/unstable
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> E: Couldn't find package spamassassin/unstable
>
> ?  am i doing it wrong?  (currently running potato)

You have to add, to your sources.list, a pointer to unstable to be
able to apt-get the file.

Otherwise got to debian.org and get the package with your browser
(don't forget to get any other necessary (unstable) packages it
requires.  Then install it/(them) with dpkg.
--
Of course I know how to copy disks. Where's the xerox machine?