apt-get problem

I am facing a strange problem with apt-get. I have liborbit0 with a
version "0.5.7-0.ximian", one of the versions left behind after I tried
installing ximian. Now in unstable the version of liborbit0 is 0.5.12-1,
but doing an apt-get upgrade does not upgrade this package, it says it
is already in the latest version(not due to any conflicts). And I cannot
remove liborbit0 ximian version, as lots of packages depend on them. Is
there a way of removing ximian version and using the unstable version in
one step?