Re: x install problems

Thus spake lee:
> Right now I'm using a tnt2 m64 (agp)..made by an outfit called pny tech.
> Seemed like it was a g-force clone type card ? What bothers me about this
> card is it does not say it'll work with anything other than a windows os
> (pick yer poison,it says it does 'em all).
>
> Another one I used was a pci card,,a 3d labs unit..permedia 2. This one was
> working under mandrake at one time. Now I also have an ati rage 128 I can try
> as well (also an agp)..haven't done that yet as it's being used in a mandrake
> box..but as soon as my son ain't looking..lol. Seriously..I may that next and
> repost :-).
The ati card works well, I know,as I have one, although I didn't get
all the features of it going until I started using X4.  the others
should all work with xserver-svga or with the framebuffer device.
What I would recommend is posting your /etc/X11/XF86Config and people
will help you debug it.
Steve
--
Sigh.  I like to think it's just the Linux people who want to be on
the "leading edge" so bad they walk right off the precipice.