Re: Debian and Redhat on the same PC

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 01:17:52AM -0500, dx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am newbie Linux user.
> I just like to know how can I install Debian and Redhat
> on the same PC. I already installed Redhat using Grub,
> but Debian is using LILO. And how do you make/allocate partitions
> for both of them  without stepping on each other?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> dexter

Hi Dexter,

You should be able to install Debian and Redhat by allocating another set of partitions for Redhat (in addition to those used already by Debian) and using LILO in preference to Grub (LILO is a bit better documented). Essentially the methodology is similar to that of using that other two bit system and Debian, but in this case you are partitioning further to add partitions for Redhat...

It can be done but Debian is so much better than Redhat... ah...:-)

Take care,

Davor