Re: Installing Woody via adsl

Hi,

I have a cable connection which uses DHCP and it has caused me several
problems in the past. I always had to resort to downloading a complete
ISO of an installation cd, install and update after having set up
networking.
This might not be necessary anymore.
Maybe the following extract from the most recent Debian Weekly News will
help. You can install a minimal system from the cdrom, configure adsl
and continue the installation via your ADSL connection.

<<

Net Installation for Woody. Ian Eure developed some special [1]CD
images for a woody network installation for i386 and powerpc. The
images don't contain full 650MB of packages (which you don't even use
entirely), but contain a basic Debian system, which is bootable. Once
the image is booted it will guide the user through the Debian
installation procedure until he has reached the step where he has to
set up APT. From that step the installation will continue using the
network as expected. Use these images at your own risk. If you send
Ian a polite mail at ieure@debian.org, he will try to help with any
problems you might have.