Re: Did something break with gnome 1.4?

UNSURE IF IT IS RELATED FIX? i had to run gdmconfig and add a parameter to the debian window manager script, in the call to Xsession
Xsession wmaker
or in your case
Xsession enlignmxx
(i dont know the name of the enlightenment program)

jorel@trillian.megadodo.umb wrote:

Hi,

   I did an apt-get upgrade a couple of days ago, and I noticed that
I was getting updates to GNOME which would take me to v1.4 . However, I
didnt restart my window manager till yesterday - which was when I
discovered that enlightenment got totally hosed. After trying to fix it
in various ways, I gave up and tried uninstalling and reinstalling GNOME
and enligtenment. GNOME by itself gives me a functioning window manager.
But adding enlightenment causes the window manager to come up without any
active mouse bindings - thus rendering it useless. Has anyone come across
this problem?

Thanks,
Jor-el