Re: scam warning (FW: IMPORTANT)

on Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 02:32:38PM -0500, dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:50:58AM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> | on Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 05:26:37PM -0500, dman (dsh8290@rit.edu) wrote:

> |                                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
> | That's not an rit.edu address.
>
> Good catch.

I had to look at it twice.  Saw that the IP was the same in your mail
and mine.

> |  A well-tuned mailserver will do some fancy stuff like a reverse
> |  lookup or auth to see if names match.
> |
> | Here's your spammer, looks like this Nigeria spam's actually from
> | Nigeria:
>
> Interesting.  So perhaps we shouldn't blacklist that yahoo address?

I don't remember if that was the response address or not.  My scripts
shovel the stuff off to Yahoo anyway, and I usually indicate response
addresses to be killed.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org