Re: What part of X causes major display problems?

<quote who="icosahedron">

> How can I find out what part of X is causing this
> problem? All of the bug reports of similar problems

buggy driver. i have the same problem on some systems.
i just don't switch back to text mode. workaround
would be to try to find an updated driver or use
another video card(i highly reccomend matrox g400
it is rock solid under X3 and X4). my geforce MX200
locks up if i switch back and forth between X
and console ..so i just don't switch :)

nate