Re: Booting a (network) machine that has no kbd and no monitor attached.

> for the initialization scripts and to the kernel? Are there any boot
> parameters that should be passed to the kernel about the lack of
> kbd/monitor? I am aware to the fact that the BIOS setting should
> probably be changed too. Yet I hope it would be the easier part. Is

Yep, just make sure the bios is told there is no kb.

Boot with the monitor attached to make sure the removal of the kb is
not a problem.  Pulling the monitor cord will have no effect after
that.

Debian will probably suggest a kb problem during bootup but will
continue happily and the message can be safely ignored.

-Matt

Core Networks
BH:+61 3 97506642  AH: 0407836506
Computer Sales & Service
Network Installations & Service
Consolidating Internet access company wide, reduces costs!
ask us how!!