Re: X Install problems-Re-Install X only ?

Thus spake lee:
> Hi Folks,
<snip>
> When I type "startx" now I get errors along the lines of "/usr/bin/x11/xauth
> error in loading shared libraries libXmu.so.6 cannot open shared libraries"
> Or "xinit error" and the like...
>
> So my question is..how do I load x again in Debian without going thru a
> complete install again ? I took the advanced route (omg the the package
> selection here is outstanding). I love what I see from debian so far,just
> wish I could get it to run..lol.
>
> If I was still in Mandrake I'd know what to do, but the vibes from Debian are
> really nice  :-). So once again I thank you all so very much for your time !!
dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common may help you, but I think if you want
to really use your vid card, you're going to have to use X 4 - Adrian
Bunk has backported some packages for potato that you can find on
debian.org.  If neither of these solutions work for you, write back
with specific error messages and people can help you work through
this.
HTH,
Steve
--
Delta: We never make the same mistake three times.   -- David Letterman