Cannot install prism2 modules for Linksys wireless cards...

I posted a question about the prism2 drivers for my laptop - unresolved
symbols and the note "modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use
GPLONLY_ symbols" I just compiled a new kernel for my workstation and
compiled and installed the drivers from linux-wlan-ng-0.1.12, (pci this time)
and I get the same errors:
"depmod" gives me:
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in lib/modules/2.2.20/net/prism2_pci.0

"insmod prism2_pci" gives me a whole list of unresolved symbol errors and
ends with the same "Note: modules without a GPL compatible license cannot use
GPLONLY_ symbols.

I am using Debian up-to-date Woody and am running my own 2.2.20 kernel on
both laptop and workstation. I have tried Debian kernel-source 2.2.19 and had
the same errors. The README for the linux-wlan-ng-0.1.12 drivers says that
they have been tested on woody & the 2.2.20 kernel, so I'm not trying
something totally new here.

Somebody please help - I am absolutely stuck here! I'm willing to do the
research to get this figured out, but I haven't been able to find much info
on this error. Has this happened to anyone else?

Michael