CUPS, Samba and printers

There's another thread going on regarding printing problems from a windows
client to a linux host running CUPS and Samba.

I am having almost the exact same problem, though my windows client is an
instance of VMWare running Windows as a guest OS with linux (sid) as the host
OS.

Like the other poster, I can see the printers in the browse list, but receive
an "access denied" message when trying to actually use it.  I can print fine
from linux and can browse samba shares just fine from windows.

Looking at my samba logs, it's complaining that I don't have an smbpasswd
file, so I created one which stopped the log messages, but still doesn't
allow me to print from my windows client.

Two questions:

First, anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem?

Second, this is for my home network, where I don't care about internal
security.  If there's a file or three that I can simply chmod 777 and be done
with it, that's an acceptable (though not preferable) solution as well.  Can
this be done?

Thanks.

--kurt