slow ftp download

Hello!

I was wondering, if you could help:

We are trying to download b & w tif images from client's FTP site located in Maryland.  They have fire wall and have AS 400 system.  Their total bandwidth is 1024 kbps.

We use DSL connection with 64 kbps connectivity with WS_FTP software on Win 95 and Win NT server from INDIA.  With the same bandwidth, we have been able to download images from other sites, quite faster.  With this client, when we login, it downloads one image of 60Kb after half a minute and then connection resets.  At max, we can download only 5 to 10 images.

Clients says that other vendor have been able to download images without any problem.  They have also told me that "if you are using more than one IP address in one session, then our server confuses and this could be the reason for slow download".

I have no clue how to approach this problem.  If you could find out any possible solution, it will be great!

Regards,
Chandresh