Re: ftp.uk.debian.org down?

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 12:35:06PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On 03 Jan 2002, Brian Potkin wrote:
> >
> > www.uk.debian.org was also poorly earlier today.  Both seem ok at the
> > moment.
> >
> > Brian.
> >

> I find it's often unreliable - has been for months. I tend to use
> alternative sites (often ftp.de.debian.org).

For information on packages, searching the mail archives and bug reports
as I'll usually go through www.uk.debian.org on the basis that it saves
transatlantic bandwidth and puts less stress on www.debian.org.  Whether
that is so I'm a little unsure about because the search facilities
appear to be located in the US.

However, it was some unreliability with ftp.uk.debian.org which prompted
me to put www.mirror.ac.uk in place of it in my sources.list.  As you
might guess it is a Janet site and generally performs very well.

Brian.