Re: how to get rid of sendmail X-Authentication-Warning?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Andy Spiegl wrote:

> > >  O PrivacyOptions=needmailhelo,novrfy,noexpn,noreceipts,noverb
> > >
> > > But it still generates these lines.
> >
> > Are you sure that sendmail is reading /etc/mail/trusted-users.db?  Did
> > you rebuild trusted-users.db after edited /etc/mail/trusted-users?
>
> Hm, actually I thought that it's trusted-users is not a database but just a
> plain text file.  But just to be sure, I edited my sendmail.cf:
>  Ft/etc/mail/trusted-users %[^\#]
>  Troot
>  Tdaemon
>  Tspiegl
>  Tmail

It is a plain-text file.

Ack... don't hand edit sendmail.cf !

> And it _still_ generates the X-Authentication-Warning.  I don't get it.

Add this to /etc/mail/submit.mc and rebuild submit.cf (via make, or by
hand):
FEATURE(`use_ct_file')dnl              # trusted users

--
Rick Nelson
<kira> is a surgical war where you go give the foreign troops nose jobs?