Re: segmentation fault with kmail and attachements: what am I doing wrong?

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 10:38:52AM +0100, rdiaz wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> A few days ago I installed Woody (after a couple of years of suse).
> Everything seems fine, but I am having a problem with Kmail (4:2.1.1-7).
>  It crashes as soon as I try to include an attachement (segmentation
> fault, signal 11) in a new message.

Same problem here.

> I think I must be doing something stupid, since I have searched in this
> list and the bug reports, and I cannot find anything similar. I have
> tried a whole bunch of possible combinations: installing the full set of
> kde packages (kdebase, konqueror, etc), installing only the required
> libraries for kmail (kdelibs3 and kdebase-libs), purging and
> reinstalling, etc, etc. Package installation (either from dselect or
> directly using dpkg -i) aparently proceeds without problems, but still I
> always get the segmentation fault when trying to include the
> attachement, regardless of size and type of attachement.
>
> Can anybody suggest what I might try?

Sorry, but I can confirm the buggy behaviour of kmail. kmail -v gives:

Qt: 2.3.1
KDE: 2.2.2
KMail: 1.2

I have had testing and unstable in sources.list for apt, so it might
be a unusual combination of versions.