Re: iptables ruleset

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Jeff wrote:

> Martin A. Hansen, 2002-Jan-03 17:52 +0100:
> >
> > hi
> >
> > im putting up iptables on a server using the default ruleset that comes when install ipmasq under debian woody.
> >
> > now im wondering if that ruleset represents a strong firewall or what?
> > i want my internal network masqed, but no targets in the rulesset shows any masq activity?
> >
> > heres the ruleset;
> >
> > root@homer:/home/maasha# iptables -L
>
> Martin,
>
> Please post the results of 'iptables -vL' which will give more
> details on the ruleset.  There are things missing with the
> 'iptables -L' command.
>
> jc
>
> --
> Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
> Diggin' Debian		Admin and User
>

> --

ok, here goes:

root@willy:/home/maasha# iptables -vL
Chain INPUT (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
 4221  259K ACCEPT     all  --  lo     any     anywhere             anywhere
    0     0 LOG        all  --  !lo    any     127.0.0.0/8          anywhere           LOG level warning
    0     0 DROP       all  --  !lo    any     127.0.0.0/8          anywhere
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   any     anywhere             255.255.255.255
 4031  298K ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   any     localnet/24          anywhere
    0     0 ACCEPT    !tcp  --  eth0   any     anywhere             BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/4
    0     0 LOG        all  --  tr0    any     localnet/24          anywhere           LOG level warning
    0     0 DROP       all  --  tr0    any     localnet/24          anywhere
  720  239K ACCEPT     all  --  tr0    any     anywhere             255.255.255.255
  375  127K ACCEPT     all  --  tr0    any     anywhere             rhpc119-213.rh.dk
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  tr0    any     anywhere             130.226.255.255
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere           LOG level warning
    0     0 DROP       all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
 6933  504K ACCEPT     all  --  eth0   tr0     localnet/24          anywhere
 4860 1756K ACCEPT     all  --  tr0    eth0    anywhere             localnet/24
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    tr0     anywhere             localnet/24        LOG level warning
    0     0 DROP       all  --  any    tr0     anywhere             localnet/24
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere           LOG level warning
    0     0 DROP       all  --  any    any     anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy DROP 0 packets, 0 bytes)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination
 4221  259K ACCEPT     all  --  any    lo      anywhere             anywhere
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  any    eth0    anywhere             255.255.255.255
 1883  487K ACCEPT     all  --  any    eth0    anywhere             localnet/24
    0     0 ACCEPT    !tcp  --  any    eth0    anywhere             BASE-ADDRESS.MCAST.NET/4
    0     0 LOG        all  --  any    tr0     anywhere             localnet/24        LOG level warning
    0     0 DROP       all  --  any    tr0     anywhere             localnet/24
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  any    tr0     anywhere             255.255.255.255
  379 25872 ACCEPT     all  --  any    tr0     rhpc119-213.rh.dk    anywhere
    0     0 ACCEPT     all  --  any    tr0     130.226.255.255      anywhere
root@willy:/home/maasha#