Re: make-kpkg exists, right?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, dman wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 06:23:43PM -0500, Seneca Cunningham wrote:
> | Right now my system is half-working and is a combination of potato and
> | woody. I am trying to compile a new kernel after having a number of problems
> | with my system. The instructions for compiling a new kernel say to enter in
> | "make-kpkg clean", but that doesn't work on my system.
> |
> | icosagon:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.16# make-kpkg clean
> | bash: /usr/bin/make-kpkg: No such file or directory
> | icosagon:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.16# whereis make-kpkg
> | make-kpkg: /usr/bin/make-kpkg
> | icosagon:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.16# cd /usr/bin
> | icosagon:/usr/bin/# ls make-kpkg
> | make-kpkg
> |
> | First it claims that make-kpkg isn't a file or directory, then it tells me
> | where it is. Unlike make-kpkg, the manpage can be accessed. I have
> | reinstalled kernel-package three or four times, with the most recent time
> | being from a second download. I am attempting to use the version of
> | kernel-package that is in woody. What do I need to do to get further in my
> | attempt to compile a kernel?
>
> Is /usr/bin in your PATH?  Is /usr/bin/make-kpkg executable?

No, by the error message it's finding make-kpkg fine or you'd get "bash:
qwer-qwerq: command not found". It's a perl script, and it's also finding
perl fine, or you'd get "bad interpreter: No such file or directory". I
think the perl script is executing a command or loading or accessing
something that isn't being found.

...RickM...