Re: how to print to a printer connected to win2000prof

* Kent West (westk@nicanor.acu.edu) wrote:
> Hans Steinraht wrote:
>
> >hi all,
> >
> >The thing I try to figure out is how I can print from my Debian sid to a
> >printer that's connected to a windows 2000 proffesional machine.
> >

> I'm not using CUPS (just lprng and samba), and have been trying for a
> year and a half (off-and-on of course) to print from a Linux box to a
> printer hanging off a Windows box. I'm confident that it can be done,
> but the documentation is sadly lacking, or perhaps I'm just too dense to
> get it.

 Unfortunately, I am in a similar situation. I have to use CUPS, but
it takes too much resources from my old laptop.

It's a shame that it is so difficult.

Alex.

Oleksandr Moskalenko
malex@purdue.edu
pub  1024D/6C5F196B 2001-08-17 /* http://www.tagancha.org/pgp */
Oleksandr V. Moskalenko (Alex) <malex@tagancha.org>
Fingerprint = EE63 C471 ADBA 5D80 ADFB  1054 DA28 6F32 6C5F 196B