Re: [OT] Open Portable Document Format?

On Thu, Jan 03, 2002 at 08:54:51AM -0500, Michael A. Miller wrote:

> Would you share a pointer to a pdf document with checkboxes, etc,
> and explain how to use it on a Debian system?  I'd also like to
> see an example of how to create such a document with a Debian

Hi,
I attached a sufficiently ugly demo with a checkbox and an editbox. I
created it with the hyperref LaTeX package and pdfLaTeX, which are both
part of the standard TeX-LaTeX distribution in Debian. It works only in
Acroread, I think. I remember seeing  `real' pdf-s using forms on the
net, but can not recall the address. As for the use: pdf-forms can be
filled in in acroread and then printed, or they can be used on web-sites
in the same way as html-forms with the Adobe browser-plugin IIRC.

Best wishes: Andras