Re: KDE - lpr clash

Brenda J. Butler wrote:
(...)

Look in the lpr status log:  /var/spool/lpd/lp/status.lp
(...)

My guess is you need to configure printing in Konquerer,
(...)

Printing was working correctly on my machine before I noticed it would't accept the -# option (I tried it on the command-line in an xterm, KDE's part in this was just to bring the problem to my attention), it must be something related to lpr itself.

Anyway, this is a non-issue for me now because I just went and installed CUPS. It takes a few days tinkering with it, but it was time well spent.

Thanks, Brenda

--
Carlos Sousa