Re: [OT] Open Portable Document Format?

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Sunil Thomas Thonikuzhiyil wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 06:29:31PM -0800, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> >
> > I'd strongly encourage you to use tools other than Adobe's proprietary
> > products, fortunately there are many which can be used to produce PDFs.
> >

>  Hi
>    Can you point us a few ones (in debian)

Acroread is Adobe's product.  It is available in non-free on i386 only.
Xpdf is free and makes a reasonably legible presentation.  Gv has a nicer
presentation but tends to not parse a lot of PDF files found on the
Internet.  Ggv (gnome-gv in debian) is the GNOME variant of gv.
Kghostview is the variant for KDE.

Try 'apt-cache search pdf'.

-jwb