Re: how to print to a printer connected to win2000prof

* Hans Steinraht (hans@artofakt.com) wrote:
> hi all,
>
> The thing I try to figure out is how I can print from my Debian sid to a
> printer that's connected to a windows 2000 proffesional machine.
>
> I have read something about it and saw that there are different ways that might
> work.
> Maybe someone has already experience with it and can point me to the right
> direction.
>
> thanks,
> Hans

 Hans,

I know of one such a way and would be interested in finding out more. I
use CUPS (cupsys). There are fairly straightforward instructions on
using smbclient to set up a "smb" queue in cupsys in the SAM (Software
Administrator's Manual) for CUPS. Just search for "Printing to Windows
Servers" in SAM.

However, I would prefer to find a more lightweight way to do such
printing as keeping cups in the memory of my old laptop seems a bit too
much price to pay.

 Alex.

Oleksandr Moskalenko
malex@purdue.edu
pub  1024D/6C5F196B 2001-08-17 /* http://www.tagancha.org/pgp */
Oleksandr V. Moskalenko (Alex) <malex@tagancha.org>
Fingerprint = EE63 C471 ADBA 5D80 ADFB  1054 DA28 6F32 6C5F 196B