Re: LNX-BBC (was Re: emergency shutdown?)

on Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 01:28:58PM -0800, Craig Dickson (crdic@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > For a rescue disk, I'd strongly recommend LNX-BBC:
> > http://www.lnxbbc.org/.  Tom's Root/Boot is good, but the 2.0.x kernel
> > series misses features needed on many current systems (ext2fs has
> > changed, ext3fs or reiserfs are unsupported).
>
> I checked out the LNX-BBC web site, but they don't seem to specify
> exactly what is on their bootable CD image. What kernel do they use,
> and what tools are on the CD? Or do you just use their tools to build
> your own CD with all the stuff you want?

Magic.  It's all magic.

I'd have to boot the thing to be sure, I think it's a 2.2.18 kernel and
lots of goodies.  Yes, you can also create your own disk with their
tools, sort-of.  I believe this functionality is being enhanced, see the
FAQ and references to GAR (GAR Are Recursive, Gmake Autobuild Runtime).

Best bet is to get the disk and see what's on it.  I don't have a
machine free to restart right now (and the compressed loopback
filesystem means I can't see what's actually there).  A contents list
would be quite nice.

Peace.

We freed Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA! http://www.freesklyarov.org