Re: Squirrelmail with uw-imapd

At 01:24 PM 01/02/02 -0800, nate wrote:
<quote who="Chapman, Matt">
> Hi,

> Anyone else run into this..

Most of the versions of SM have a problem with the newer
PHPs, i reccomend downgrading to php 4.0.5 or lower and
trying again(i have debs if you need, from may 10 2001),
or upgrading to the latest 1.2.2 version of SM which
has some fixes for the newer version of PHP. i am running
SM 1.0.6 and 1.2.0rc2 and 1.2.1 on 6 different debian
systems(5 potato 1 testing), the testing box has
my php 4.0.5 debs installed.

If you look hard enough, there's a note in the Release_Notes file (and only there for some silly reason) of the most recent stable SquirrelMail (as of 2 days ago) that it's is not compatible with PHP 4.1.x (and it really isn't!!!; I tried for a day before I found the buried comment), so use PHP 4.0.6 and it works fine (at least for me).

Of course, I decided to recompile the UW-IMAP to lock it into a named subdirectory ("mail") rather than the user's home directory, because SquirrelMail took a bit of extra effort to configure when IMAP listed all files.

-W