Re: Pine compile options

On 2 Jan 2002, Nick Furman wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I recently did an upgrade on a server of mine.  The upgrade moved user's
> mailboxes to /var/spool/mail/u/s/user.  Everything is working wonderfully,
> except for pine.
>
> I did a "apt-get source -b pine4" to download and install pine.  I have
> reason to believe it's default config is to read /var/spool/mail/user.
>
> Does anyone know where to, or how to, setup pine to automactically check
> /var/spool/mail/u/s/user by default for a user's email?

This is not a compile time option. Look at the config subsection in the
setup section. Or edit .pinerc directly. The line you want (from .pinerc)
is

# Path of (local or remote) INBOX, e.g. ={mail.somewhere.edu}inbox
# Normal Unix default is the local INBOX (usually /usr/spool/mail/$USER).
inbox-path=

comp.mail.pine is in general the place to get Pine questions answered. HTH.

                               Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.