cdrecord corrupts last files on a disc. 'read ahead' bug?

In various comments the author of cdrecord blames some kernel read-ahead
bug for his cdrecord program damaging the last few files on any ISO that
you burn.  I just want to know if anyone else has either seen this problem
or fixed it?

Every image I burn is useless, not to mention that if I
tell cdrecord to do a fast blank instead of a full one then it destroys
the cdrw disc.

I have to say, I've tried xcdroast, gcombust, and a few
others and my lowly NTI-CDMaker for Windows is the only one that actually
always works (I know, all the linux programs I've tried are just cdrecord
front-ends).

I have debian potato with a recompiled kernel for SCSI-emulation with
my ATAPI cdrw.