Re: Change number of characters displayed on line in text mode (tty0)?

Hi,
To be able to change resolution in your console you have to enable
framebuffer-support in your kernel (ie recompile). I think you have to use a
kernel =>2.4.0. You can find all you need following this link to the
framebuffer Howto:

http://www.linuxhq.com/ldp/howto/Framebuffer-HOWTO.html

Pontus