Re: XFree 4.1 on Potato

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:02:45PM +1000, Penguin wrote:
| I have Potato 2.2r0. Unfortunately the unofficial debs for xserver-common
| 4.1, etc etc will not install. dpkg complains that xfree(86?)-common is only
| at 3.x version, when I need the 4.1 version. Why is this? I thought all those
| packages that installed xserver-common etc for XFree 4.1 was all I needed to
| get XFree 4.1 running so I could use my NVIDIA GeForce II MX400 64M AGP card.
|
| So, can anyone tell me what other debs I need to get this happening? dpkg
| apparently needs xfree-common or xfree86-common, whatever that is.

At the very least,

xserver-common
xserver-xfree86
xlibs
xbase-clients
xutils

and you'll certainly want to get the font packages too.

What you need to do to install these is install them at the same time.
Eg :
    dpkg -i xserver-common_blah_blah.deb xserver-xfree86_blah_blah.deb
If you try and do it one at a time you'll get those errors you were
describing above.

-D

--

It took the computational power of three Commodore 64s to fly to the moon.
It takes at least a 486 to run Windows 95.