XFree 4.1 on Potato

I have Potato 2.2r0. Unfortunately the unofficial debs for xserver-common
4.1, etc etc will not install. dpkg complains that xfree(86?)-common is only
at 3.x version, when I need the 4.1 version. Why is this? I thought all those
packages that installed xserver-common etc for XFree 4.1 was all I needed to
get XFree 4.1 running so I could use my NVIDIA GeForce II MX400 64M AGP card.

So, can anyone tell me what other debs I need to get this happening? dpkg
apparently needs xfree-common or xfree86-common, whatever that is.

--
James