Re: xscreensaver requires manual activation

On Tue, Jan 01, 2002 at 05:24:12PM -0600, Nori Heikkinen wrote:
| (potato, 2.4.9)
| running xscreensaver but it hasn't for some time started up by itself
| when i start X.  it says it is:
|
| orange:~> xscreensaver
| xscreensaver: already running on display :0.0 (window 0x800001)
|  from process 432 (nori@orange).

I would track this down, this is likely the source of the problem.  My
guess is that there is a lock file sitting somewhere with "432" in it.
What is process 432?  I get this from everybuddy frequently the time because
it doesn't remove the lock file when I logout from gnome and then
thinks it is already running when it isn't.

-D

--

The Lord detests all the proud of heart.
Be sure of this: They will not go unpunished.