RX mode?

Hi,

Just wondering here cause i can't remember seeing this bootmessage
before.
Had to reinstall linux cause, being a newbie, i made a complete mess of it:)

So i did a reinstall, which by default let me setup my first
NIC, eth0
eth1 NIC went into the kernel but wasn't configured.

So after having it all running again i added:
iface eth1 inet static
address 192.168.0.1
netmask 255.255.255.0

to the interfaces file in /etc/network/

It all seems to work ok, but during boot i get
'setting RX mode to 1 addresses' on the eth1 NIC.

Is this normal, did i forget anything when setting up eth1?
And if it's normal is it a security risk.

Thanks
Willem