Re: acroread crashes

Hi Ben!

Thanks for your reply!

On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, ben wrote:

> [...]
> i agree. the purpose of a boycott is to disempower. adobe have shown that
> they don't deserve a position of any esteem in the free system that linux
> exemplifies.

Would love to do that if xpdf worked as nice as as a *working* acroread.

> in any case, xpdf works just fine.

Don't think so. xpdf surely is not bad, but, as I already stated in my
previous mail, seems to have severe problems in rendering pages.

> sklyarov's case deserves support, and, if i'm not going to support adobe as
> an act of support to their victim, that has to include a blanket rejection of
> anything they have to offer. i see no lack of validity in a "purely
> meta-boycott."

It surely is not right what they did to Dmitryi Skylarov, and I would
favor such a boycott as well. However, in my point of view a boycott only
makes sense if reasonable alternatives exist (see my statement
above).

Regards,

	Holger