Re: potato 2 woody upgrade problem

Bob Underwood wrote:

On Friday 02 November 2001 20:26, Eric Richardson wrote:

Hi,
Added woody to sources.list, apt-get update, apt-get -u dist-upgrade and
then waited a long time even on a DSL line to download and then the
following happened.

Get:489 http://http.us.debian.org woody/main xsitecopy 1:0.9.10-1
[151kB]
Fetched 229MB in 1h3m28s (60.1kB/s)

86% [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 102, <TEMPLATES> chunk 2.
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code
(29) E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt

Looks like after everything downloaded. Now I don't really have much of
a clue what to do. This is my first try with testing but have been
running potato for over a year with no problems.

Thanks for any help,
Eric :-)

I've had similar and have been able to resume everything by installing debconf (and it's depends) prior to the dist-upgrade.

apt-get install debconf apt-utils has corrected it for me in the past.

Thanks, I'll give that a try and report back to the list either way.
Eric