Re: Presentation Software...

On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, dman wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 09:02:01AM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:
> | On Fri, 2 Nov 2001, Bostjan Muller wrote:
> |
> | > * On 02-11-01 at 12:51 Vikash Kodati (kodati@iitg.ernet.in) wrote:
> | > +----Here quoted text begins----+

> | > +----and here the quote ends----+
> | > You might want to try the following:
> | > mgp, kpresenter, star office, postscript? (I'm sure there are others, I
> | > just havent used them yet).
> | >

> | LaTeX (seminar style)
>
> What tool(s) to you use to actually give the presentation if you have
> a projector available?  Printing out transparencies isn't a good show
> of LaTeX vs. PowerPoint.

I generally put the slides into PDF (the semcolor package provides a lot
of nice bells and whistles for PDF), and put acrobat into full-screen
mode. UNC's classroom projectors come with Win98 laptops, some with
acrobat reader and some without, so what I do beforehand is burn a CD with
the presentation and a copy of acrobat reader for windows. Works great for
me!

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA