Re: pppd and kernel 2.4.7

I just tried out kernel 2.4.7 - everything seems to work fine, except
the PPP connection. pppd quits just after being started.

I tried out pppoe - it can connect to my access concentrator.

What has changed from 2.2.19 to 2.4.7 which could prevent pppd from working?

Quite a lot did change. I suppose you're using potato. Did you make your own kernel? If so did you read the changes? It tells wich packages you'll have to update. Best solution is to insatll kernel 2.4. via apt-get with the unofficial sources from Adrian Bunk: http://www.fs.tum.de/~bunk/kernel-24.html This will install all the necesarry packages.

Frank