Re: Patches applied to stock kernel to make deb kernel image
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Patches applied to stock kernel to make deb kernel image
- From: Adam Warner <email@example.com>
- Date: 01 Nov 2001 19:35:17 +1300
- Message-id: <[🔎] 1004596517.1243.6.camel@work>
- In-reply-to: <20011101093546.A8527@empire.net.au>
- References: <200110310012.AA1028260098@netcentricnj.com> <1004513299.1547.103.camel@work> <20011031103507.A1348@zombie.inka.de> <1004527484.4167.16.camel@work> <20011101093546.A8527@empire.net.au>
On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 11:35, Damon Muller wrote:
> Quoth Adam Warner,
> > > > make dep
> > > > make bzImage
> > > > make modules
> > > > make modules_install
> > > > make install
> > >
> > > We have "make-kpkg" for such tasks. Makes your life easier.
> > I can't imagine how it could be easier than my current setup but I'll
> > look into it.
> make-kpkg clean && fakeroot make-kpkg --revision=custom.1.0 kernel_image
> Go and have your beverage of choice...
> sudo dpkg --install ../kernel-image...
> It's easier, I think.
Go and have your beverage of choice...
Press Y to rerun lilo.
[Thanks for setting out your method:-)]