Re: m86k Xwindow

On Saturday Sep 22 21:15 mmissett wrote:

> ** "Your video card was successfully identified.  The  Cannot open /proc/bus/pci/devices.  You probably have an old kernel.  Support for the old Linux PCI interface should be coming soon.
> **    Server will be installed.  Next you'll be presented with some options for your initial X Window system setup.
> ** Detected Video Card"

I don't know what's going on there. I use a AMD machine. But it sounds like
a wrong kernel that you have installed. Which kind of Debian you used for
installation? If you got the standard Debian CD set, it's possible that you
now have the i386 packages installed. The kernel of this system is only
for Pentium and Pentium clones. You need the packages compiled for m86k.

Timo

--
Nothing is impossible!

You only need to know the way.