Re: xserver-xfree86 won't upgrade

On Tuesday Sep 11 20:17 Daniel Toffetti wrote:
> ** Hi !
> **
> ** Yesterday I upgraded X in Woody from 4.0.3-1 to 4.1.0-5, but for some
> ** reason, xserver-xfree86 was not correctly configured and remains in C**
> ** state. the other X packages, fonts etc. installed fine.
> ** Any idea ?

You could do

# dselect

and deinstall xserver-xfree86 (C*_). Then again select xserver-xfree86 to
install the xserver. If then happens the same take a look to the error
messages.

I made the same yesterday and had no problems with upgrading to X 4.1.0-5.
Don't know at which time you made your last upgrade. May be possible that
a tool like dpkg or debconf on your system was too old to handle with the
configuration of xserver-xfree86. If now all packages are the newest from
Woody you should have no problems i mean.

Good luck!

Timo

--
Wer Käse mag, der futtert auch Füsse!