Re: isdnlog not working

On 2001.09.06 13:26 Martin F Krafft wrote:
> hi folks,
> i use isdnlog 3.1pre1b-7.bunk with a 2.4.9 kernel on a machine that
> has a AVM FritzCard! (A1), which works just fine with the hisax
> driver. However, isdnlog seems not to detect *anything*. even if i run
> it from the command line with 0xffff debug level, it reports
> absolutely zero. which i kind of understand because /dev/isdnctrl0 and
> /dev/isdninfo do not give any information.

I have the same isdn card. Also the new kernel (2.4.8) and isdnlog
don't work. I think this is a bug. Or does anyone else fixed this
whithout modyfining the isdnutils sources?

See this:

isdnlog Version 3.00 loaded
(ISDN subsystem with ISDN_MAX_CHANNELS > 16 detected - 2 active channels, 3 MSN/SI entries)
(Data versions: iprofd=0x05  net_cfg=0x05  /dev/isdninfo=0x01)
(HiSax driver detected)
.
.
# following the log entries of connections

This is that what was written into my /var/log/isdn/isdnlog while
using kernel 2.2.x. Since i use kernel 2.4.0 till 2.4.8 this will
be written into my isdnlog file:

isdnlog Version 3.00 loaded
(ISDN subsystem with ISDN_MAX_CHANNELS > 16 detected - 2 active channels, 3 MSN/SI entries)
(Data versions: iprofd=0x06  net_cfg=0x06  /dev/isdninfo=0x01)
isdn_net_ioctl_cfg version mismatch (kernel 0x06, isdnlog 0x05)
exit now 99
# on this point isdnlog will be terminated (bad thing)

Note this:

isdn_net_ioctl_cfg version mismatch (kernel 0x06, isdnlog 0x05)

I think isdnlog must be adjust for using whith kernel 2.4.x. If i
used isdnlog 3.1 i had the same messages in my isdnlog file. If
you like, you can write this to the maintainer of isdnutils:
paul@debian.org.

Timo