Re: Getting CPU model and speed without rebooting

* Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com) [010726 13:56]:

> Hmmm...I'm not finding it under either testing or unstable.  My
> sources.list:
>
>     # apt package archives
>
>     deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>     deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
>     deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>     deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
>
>     deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
>     deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
>
> ...am I missing something?

Strange.

$ grep -l x86info /var/lib/apt/lists/*
/var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_binary-i386_Packages
/var/lib/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_main_source_Sources

It looks like you have proper unstable binary and source lines there;
I don't know why you can't see it. I also haven't dug deep enough to
check when it was added to the main pool; maybe you just need to
update? I don't think it's all that new, though.

Vineet