Re: GUI/Wmaker system shutdown app?

Hi Karsten!

kmself@ix.netcom.com (Karsten M. Self) writes:

[ full quote deleted ]

> First:  set your line wrap.

And while we're at it, you might consider not to quote complete
messages when replying. ;-)

>   - Log off via wdm (providing yet another password).

We use "wdm" here as well and there's really no password needed to
shutdown given proper configuration based on some basic RTFM.  Here's
the relevant excerpt from my own configuration:

--------- snip -----------------
! /etc/X11/wdm/wdm-config
!

  [ most stuff deleted ]

DisplayManager*wdmReboot:       /sbin/reboot
DisplayManager*wdmHalt:         /sbin/halt
DisplayManager*wdmVerify:       false
DisplayManager*wdmRoot:         false
DisplayManager*wdmAnimations:   false

There's a good man page for "wdmLogin" besides the one for "wdm".

                                 HTH, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------