Re: install dpkg without dpkg

on Fri, Jul 27, 2001 at 01:19:27AM +0800, Lamer (perlamer@netfront.net) wrote:
> [...]

I'd recommend HW replacement (don't trust bad media), followed by
installation of a base system, bootstrapping to your current package
configuration by loading the package list, restoring /etc to set system
configuration, and finally loading on local/personal data from backups.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!